Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2009, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 12 Nov 2009 13:05:14 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Nathaniel Wooding <nathaniel.wooding@DOM.COM>
Subject:      Re: FSEdit Question
Comments: To: Craig Johnson <cjohns38@GMAIL.COM>

Craig

Do you have SAS/AF licensed? If so, you could use it for doing error checking. It has been at least a decade since I have touched it though and I have long since forgotten what little I learned back then.

As an alternate, how much stuff are your users entering. Could you use a data step Windows statement?

Nat Wooding

-----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Craig Johnson Sent: Thursday, November 12, 2009 12:45 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: FSEdit Question

I created some code that allows us to use double data entry. After running through our first batch of forms I've found two common entry errors. First, I found users are entering the wrong ID #. That then trickles down to the verification process and causes problems when we then can't match on ID #. Although I've created code to check for ID's that don't match, I'd rather institute some code that minimizes the problem. Is there a simple way to have users enter the ID once, then force them enter it again for verification purposes? Links to examples would be helpful if it is possible as I'm new to the whole FSEdit front.

Second, is there a simple way to query the ID against the SAS data file to check to make sure it hasn't been entered? I'm finding a chunk of duplicate entries I shouldn't have either. Again, links to examples or sample code would be helpful.

Thanks! CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic message contains information which may be legally confidential and or privileged and does not in any case represent a firm ENERGY COMMODITY bid or offer relating thereto which binds the sender without an additional express written confirmation to that effect. The information is intended solely for the individual or entity named above and access by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this information is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please reply immediately to the sender that you have received the message in error, and delete it. Thank you.