Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2009, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 23 Nov 2009 12:25:27 -0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Aleksandra Pietruszynska <aleksandrapietruszynska@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: OT: SAS sues WPS
Comments: To: sas-l@uga.edu

Joe,

Well, Joe here is a real example for you. If you pay 150K for SAS one year and a SAS sales representive says it should be 185K next year, you explain to me where the VALUE is!!!!!

I never said that the quality of SAS is bad, the software is good. But I know many companies who are using only base SAS and maybe a little bit of SAS/stat. If you can do the same with WPS for a fraction of the price you are STUPID not to do that. But if you like to pay for Jim Goodknight's private yet,... by all means....

A.P.

On Nov 23, 8:26 pm, joewhitehu...@GMAIL.COM (Joe Whitehurst) wrote: > Let me add ignorance to uninformed. I'm just fed up with the ignorant, > uninformed complainers aboutSASpricing, Not one of the ignorant fools > have mentioned VALUE for price paid. No software available on this planet > can touch the VALUE thatSASoffers for it's modest price! But then, many > of the folks who try to useSASand complain about it's price are too stupid > to realize it's VALUE! > > On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 12:27 PM, Aleksandra Pietruszynska < > > > > aleksandrapietruszyn...@gmail.com> wrote: > > Well, IfSASwould feel strong, they would claim directly thatWPShas > > stolen intellectual property. Instead they are using the fact thatWPS > > has mis-used theSASlearning edition....... That seems > > amateuristic.... > > > I think it is a very desperate act,SASinstitute will defenitely feel > > the pain. Many companies are just fed up by the arrogantSAS > > pricing, > > > On Nov 23, 5:53 pm, joewhitehu...@GMAIL.COM (Joe Whitehurst) wrote: > > > I will await the verdict of the court which I value much more than mere > > > uninformed conjecture by amateurs. > > > > On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 1:24 PM, Aleksandra Pietruszynska < > > > > aleksandrapietruszyn...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > > Joe, > > > > > > have English as a first language, it's hard to takeWPS'sexcuses for > > > > > outright intellectual property theft seriously. I hopeWPSmakes > > better > > > > > Why isWPSan intellectual property theft ofSAS? > > > > Did they stealSASsource code to createWPS? I don't think so. > > > > Did they clone theSASinterface? Not at all, the IDE ofWPSis based > > > > on Eclipse, and in fact is much more usefull than theSASinterface. > > > > Is theSASsyntax intellectual property? In other words can syntax in > > > > general fall under copyright? Basically syntax is just a collection of > > > > wordsw, Only a unique arrangement of syntax (source code) can be > > > > copyrighted. > > > > > Note thatWPShas a change to sell their product on the market, not > > > > because they abused theSASlearning edition. It is because of the > > > > ridiculous pricing ofSAS. > > > > > A.P.- Hide quoted text - > > > > - Show quoted text -- Hide quoted text - > > - Show quoted text -