Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2009)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 7 Dec 2009 18:14:11 +0000
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Ruben van den Berg <ruben_van_den_berg@hotmail.com>
Subject:      Re: sum as used in aggregate

Dear Matthew,

Do you mean a variable that contains only a single valid value? Can't you try with a small test data set what happens? It seems that sum.2 applies to within-case summation, not summation within a variable over cases. See

data list free /tinkywinky.

begin data

'' '' '' '' '' '' 1

end data.

comp dum=0.

agg

/out *

/bre dum

/lala=sum.2(tinkywinky).

exe.

HTH,

Ruben van den Berg

Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 09:43:39 -0800 From: MPirritano@ochca.com Subject: sum as used in aggregate To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

SPSS IBMers! If I use the sum function in aggregate are all values included. In other words, if there is a category that only has one value, is that included in the sum, or do I need to use sum.1 as I would in a regular compute statement to be sure that cases with only one value are included in the sum. Thanks! Matt Matthew Pirritano, Ph.D. Research Analyst IV Medical Services Initiative (MSI) Orange County Health Care Agency (714) 568-5648 _________________________________________________________________ New Windows 7: Find the right PC for you. Learn more. http://windows.microsoft.com/shop

[text/html]