Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2009)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 9 Dec 2009 21:16:50 +0800
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Eins Bernardo <einsbernardo@yahoo.com.ph>
Subject:      Re: Outputs of Two-way ANOVA

To all who replied this thread, thank you.   Eins

From: Martin Holt <m861holt@btinternet.com> Subject: Re: Outputs of Two-way ANOVA To: "Eins Bernardo" <einsbernardo@yahoo.com.ph>, SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Date: Sunday, 6 December, 2009, 12:29 PM

Hi, Eins.   Googling will quickly give you answers. Below are quotes from that: I hope they help.   The "corrected model" effect reflects the variation in the dependent attributed to other effects (except the intercept) in the model, after corrected by the mean. The ratio of effect sums of squares and error sums of squares is what was used in testing the significance of each effect. Eta-squared is the proportion of the total variability in the dependent variable accounted for by the variation in the independent variable. (Total implies "over all variables of interest) By observation, corrected total = total - intercept Best Wishes,   Martin Holt

----- Original Message ----- From: Eins Bernardo To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Sent: Sunday, December 06, 2009 9:26 AM Subject: Outputs of Two-way ANOVA

I am using spss to run 2-way anova.  The first column of the outputs (Testof between subject effects) includes terms such as corrected model, intercept, the two effects and interaction term, error, total and corrected total.  I cant understand the italics ones (such as corrected models, error, total, and corrected total).  Can someone suggest online references that discuss such terms used by SPSS?   Thank you.

Feel safer online. Upgrade to the new, safer Internet Explorer 8 optimized for Yahoo! to put your mind at peace. It's free. Get IE8 here! What can we do to improve Metro Manila traffic? Find the answers on Yahoo Answers! http://ph.answers.yahoo.com/

[text/html]