Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2009)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Wed, 16 Dec 2009 07:28:14 -0800
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Matthew Reeder <reederm1@yahoo.com>
Subject:   Question about whether to upgrade ... (running 17)

Hey folks,

I'm currently running SPSS 17.  I've only recently started using 17 (was on 14 before) when I purchased a new computer.  I find the exporting capabilities in 17 to be horrible (actually, Output, in general, is very clunky compared to older versions of SPSS in how it handles graphics, etc. - how is it that it got WORSE?).  More specifically, I can't even export a correlation matrix from Output into xls or HTML format without SPSS locking up (after 10 minutes of chugging away, getting no where).  This was never an issue for me in older versions of SPSS, and should not be an issue on a fairly new computer.

I don't check on here very often, so I'm not sure if this question has been raised before (if so, my apologies for the ignorance).  My question is, is this still an issue in PASW 18, or no?  I have the ability to upgrade to 18, and this would be a major factor in me doing so, because it's completely preventing me for doing my work.

Matt

[text/html]