Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2009, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 7 Dec 2009 11:33:23 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Philip Rack <PhilRack@MINEQUEST.COM>
Subject:      Re: SAS on Linux (found somewhere else )
Comments: To: Brian <brian100200@YAHOO.COM>

This might be a work around but it won't get you out of having to license XP or some other MS product. You can use SUN's VirtualBox as a VM running XP. Once you install the Guest additions, you can run your VM in seamless mode and copy and paste between Linux and XP without a problem.

Seamless mode is kind of hard to explain and I did write a short blog article about VirtualBox and seamless mode back in July. There's also a screen shot showing the integration of the two OS's.

http://minequest.com/WordPress/?p=301

Phil

Philip Rack MineQuest, LLC SAS & WPS Consulting and WPS Reseller Tel: (614) 457-3714 Web: www.MineQuest.com Blog: www.MineQuest.com/WordPress

-----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Brian Sent: Monday, December 07, 2009 9:44 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: SAS on Linux (found somewhere else )

On Dec 6, 2:32 pm, procconte...@GMAIL.COM (SAS_learner) wrote: > Hello all , > Some body wrote me > > "I am trying to install sas 9.0 on linux type Ubentu 9.1 through wine > software but i am getting error "configuration file sasv9.cfg" is > unreadable. > > Can somebody tell me is sas 9.0 is campatible for linux or which other sas > version is compatible for linux". > > Thanks > SL

Hi,

It is sort of possible, but very unstable to run SAS in WINE. I haven't tried SAS 9.1, but I did get 8.2 running several years ago.

For more info:

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=3410

Brian