Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2009, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 18 Dec 2009 09:12:54 -0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         John Uebersax <jsuebersax@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Proc GPLOT - Centering multi-line y-axis labels
Comments: To: sas-l@uga.edu

For proc gplot, in theory you can make a multi-line y-axis label as follows:

axis2 label = (j = center "Line 1 of label" j = center "Line 2 of label") length = 5 in;

However this doesn't seem to work (I'm using v. 9.1 and Windows XP). The first line is usually centered, but to center the second line I have to experiment with padding leading and/or trailing spaces -- by trial-and-error in a slow process.

Has anyone else noticed this and is there a solution or workaround?

Thanks,

John Uebersax www.john-uebersax.com