Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2009, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 18 Dec 2009 11:35:53 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Fehd, Ronald J. (CDC/CCHIS/NCPHI)" <rjf2@CDC.GOV>
Subject:      OT: Friday Humor

Q: What famous federal agency was recently described as: "The best of Harvard School of Medicine and the U.S. Postal Service."

This past Monday I continued work on a suite of reports derived from MacroHard's inventory system known as Slightly Musty Storage.

Have I not been depending on hardware SysAdmin my whole 20+ years here?

"We upgraded the MSSMS server over the weekend. and it was success-full!

... and, oh, by the way: all the report numbers have changed."

grate! there went all the input data set names, for 13 projects right over the port side to the b*tch-bucket.

Monday, 21st will be Winter Solstice, as dark as it gets this year, at least outside.

Inside we warm ourselves w/the glow of our screen savers:

"Long live Flying Toasters!" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/After_Dark_(software)

Ron Fehd the bantering bureaucrat (petite)

Bureaucracy at its worst is better than bureaucracy at its best. -- Plato, in Beetle Bailey comic strip, 1985Mar01