Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2009, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 21 Dec 2009 09:56:07 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Michael Raithel <michaelraithel@WESTAT.COM>
Subject:      Re: Need suggestion on common macroy

Dear SAS-L-ers,

Alex S posted the following:

> Hi All, I have written a macro and kept it in my home directory (in > UNIX). We have SAS on UNIX box only. I want my team (around 30 persons, > mostly non technical guys) to use this macro. To use my macro they have > to pass few parameters to my macro. > I see the blow options for them to run this macros. > 1) The user has to loin in unix box and go my home directory and run > the macro and pass parameters.Example: sas mymacro parameters > 2) Call this macro in SAS config files so that this macro is available > to all the users.advantage..No need to go to my home directory. I have > not tried this one. > Basically I want to reduce the user’s manual work (like go to my home > directory to run this macro).If you have any suggestion on this, please > suggest me. > Thanks 'n' Regards > Alex, personally, I don't think that either of your options blow... although I do favor the second one:-)

I think you should make the macro a part of your SAS UNIX autocall library. That will make it available to one and all who log into SAS on your UNIX server. And, be sure that the permissions are set correctly on your SAS macro program file; something like: like "rw-rr-rr- " so that people in your group and everybody else under the sun can read the file.

Alex, best of luck in all of your SAS endeavors!

Of course, all of these opinions and insights are my own, and do not reflect those of my organization or my associates. All SAS code and/or methodologies specified in this posting are for illustrative purposes only and no warranty is stated or implied as to their accuracy or applicability. People deciding to use information in this posting do so at their own risk.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Michael A. Raithel "The man who wrote the book on performance" E-mail: MichaelRaithel@westat.com