Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2010, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Mon, 11 Jan 2010 18:34:41 -0800
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Arthur Tabachneck <art297@NETSCAPE.NET>
Subject:   Re: Nice site for some SAS code and macros
Comments:   To: Savian <savian.net@gmail.com>

Alan,

I can't speak for Roger, and my original post wasn't about R, but R can do a number of things that haven't as yet been incorporated into SAS. Why shouldn't there be more support for doing such capabilities? Last time I checked, Excel doesn't offer a way to read SAS files, but SAS still supports Excel and even offers a way to meet such a need.

I think the entire analytical community would have appreciated such integration of SAS and R.

Art ---------- On Jan 11, 8:57 pm, Savian <savian....@gmail.com> wrote: > On Jan 11, 6:31 pm, xlr82sas <xlr82...@aol.com> wrote: > > > On Jan 11, 3:12 pm, art...@NETSCAPE.NET (Arthur Tabachneck) wrote: > > > > This site was mentioned in an earlier post. If you type SAS as the search > > > string there are over 30 statistical papers there and most appear to include > > > the code:http://www.jstatsoft.org/search > > > > Art > > > Great site Art, thanks > > > I think we need to integrate R into SAS proper, not just IML. It > > looks like more than 75% of the code is R or R packages! > > What does integration mean? If you could use SAS to create your > datasets then have R pick them up and run, does that suffice? > Likewise, if R could write a SAS dataset which you could then use in > SAS, would that be useful? > > In reality, R cannot create a SAS dataset or read one in so that is > the basis of my question. > > Alanhttp://www.savian.net