Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2010, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Mon, 11 Jan 2010 09:54:32 -0500
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   "Fehd, Ronald J. (CDC/CCHIS/NCPHI)" <rjf2@CDC.GOV>
Subject:   Re: Unable to initialize the SAS Kernal

> From: Tina Shaw > Subject: Unable to initialize the SAS Kernal > > Hi, > > I got the following error message in the SAS Message Log when > trying to run > a scheduled SAS task. The task failed. Can anyone tell me > what the error > message means and how to fix it so that the scheduled task > can be fulfilled? > > Thank you in advance! > > Tina > > ERROR: Unrecognized SAS option name, RPT.SAS > ERROR: Unrecognized SAS option name, SELECT > ERROR: (SASXKRIN): KERNEL RESOURCE INITIALIZATION FAILED. > UNABLE TO INITIALIZE THE SAS KERNEL

I extrapolate from your error message that your batch file has a hyphen

command line syntax:

sas -optionname optionvalue -optionname2 value2

when sysin is in the number one position it does not have to be named

sas -center -sysin rpt

can be written shorter as:

sas rpt -center

your error message says the command-line was:

sas -rpt.sas -select

Ron Fehd the command-line maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov Notice: This e-mail message, together with any attachments, contains information of Merck & Co., Inc. (One Merck Drive, Whitehouse Station, New Jersey, USA 08889), and/or its affiliates Direct contact information for affiliates is available at http://www.merck.com/contact/contacts.html) that may be confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named on this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete it from your system.