Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2010, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 14 Jan 2010 22:20:24 -0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Amar Mundankar <amarmundankar@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Help required in transpose
Comments: To: sas-l@uga.edu

Hi all, I have the input dataset as

PlanId Col1 Col2 Prod Prod_val 1 11 111 abc T1 2 22 222 xyz T2 3 33 333 pqr T3

Now I want the Output dataset as

PlanId Col1 Col2 abc_bd xyz_bd pqr_bd 1 11 111 T1 2 22 222 T2 3 33 333 T3

In output dataset, I have to create new variables as abc_bd,xyz_bd,pqr_bd (i.e. whatever the value of Prod, I have to create that many number of columns. This time there are only 3 values, but there can 40 to 50 values in that. )

Please Help.

Regards, Amar Mundankar.