Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2010, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 25 Jan 2010 10:02:04 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Mark S." <marksmolkin@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      macro- dataset naming

When I write a macro that will contain one or more datasteps (say, for intermediate calculations) I am never sure how to name them so they do not interfer with existing datasets. I feel like with larger macros, and increasing numbers of datasets, I am just asking for trouble. Is there a way to create datasets 'local' to the macro like can be done with macro variables? If not, I'd be interested what others do in this situation.

Mark