Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2010, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 27 Jan 2010 07:33:49 -0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Ruby <windofoct@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      SAS code help
Comments: To: sas-l@uga.edu

hi SAS experts,

I need to read some raw data files into sas. However, the files name has an invalid "-' sign in it. So, I tried to modify the old program by adding a new variable "sourcefile1" but with no success. Can anyone here help to explain why my codes did not work? I added a "/***/" mark after my codes.

Also, do you have a good way to read the files in without changing the file names manually?

Thanks very much!!!

filename mydir pipe " dir /B /N Q:\rawdata\*.txt";

data enc(drop=trailer records totamtpaid) trailer(keep=trailer records totamtpaid); infile mydir truncover; input sourcefile $50; length sourcefile1 $50; /***/ sourcefile1=translate(sourcefile,'_', '-'); /***/ fil2read="Q:\rawdata\"||sourcefile1; /***/ infile dummy filevar=fil2read end=done lrecl=239 truncover ;

do while (not done); input ....