Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2010, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 26 Jan 2010 18:10:58 -0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Tom Abernathy <tom.abernathy@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: sas data xport problem
Comments: To: sas-l@uga.edu

Two questions on V5 transport file formats in one day?

You cannot use variable names longer than 8 character with this file format. Just rename your variables.

Also unless it was a mistake in posting to SAS-L you did not close the quotes for the path for your IN library.

- Tom

On Jan 26, 8:49 pm, help.ly2...@GMAIL.COM (help ly) wrote: > Hi Everyone, > > I am trying to convert a current sas data file to the xpt format, which I > can work with R. However, I tried many times with some modifications on the > code, without any success. The error message I am getting is: > *" ERROR: The variable name accession_no is illegal for the version 6 file > OUT.OUTDATA.DATA."* > > Here is my sas code: > > libname out xport 'c:/home/outdata.xpt'; > libname in 'c:home; > data out.outdata; > set in.indata; > run; > > Anyone see what's the problem? Thanks a million for help! > > -- > Thanks so much! > > Orange > help.ly2...@gmail.com