Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2010)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Wed, 24 Feb 2010 08:33:30 +0100
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   =?UTF-8?B?R2FyY8OtYS1HcmFuZXJv?= <mgarciagranero@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: 1:1 Matched case-control study using GENLIN (and not succeeding)

Bruce Weaver wrote: > Hi Marta. I don't have time to study this carefully right now, but you might > find something useful in a thread I started in the SPSS newsgroup about a > year ago. Mind the line-wrap! > > http://groups.google.com/group/comp.soft-sys.stat.spss/browse_frm/thread/ce4c51d35ea66713/cdccfbc40e0f35b3?lnk=gst&q=Weaver+Logistic+regression+%28via+GENLIN%29#cdccfbc40e0f35b3 > > Hi Bruce:

Actually, I had read that thread before (I always Google for solutions before asking for help), that is why I got to a model that more or less worked. The problem is that I can not get the correct estimate, and I though that I had set everything correctly.

I know that I can use NOMREG (I had also Googled that link you show below), just like I use COXREG (usually I run conditional logistic regression models with COXREG), but I wanted to find out if GENLIN would work. I am preparing some class notes for a regression models statistics course for clinicians, and I wanted to use GENLIN instead of COXREG, because of the chronological sequence of classes: Cox regression comes after logistic regression models, and they are rather, emmm, "linear" people, using COXREG when they don't know what a COX model is would be confusing for them. Besides, I'd rather not create auxiliary variables, like the Pseudotime needed to run the model with COXREG, or the constant needed to run it with NOMREG

Thanks, Marta

-- For miscellaneous SPSS related statistical stuff, visit: http://gjyp.nl/marta/