Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2010)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 18 Feb 2010 13:01:22 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Moshe Marko <MarkoM@upstate.edu>
Subject:      Difference between 2 correlation coefficients

Hi,

I am analyzing data concerning the differences in strength between people with and without difficulties preforming certain tasks. A correlation coefficients from the entire group were high and significant. Now I wanted to see the correlations between strength and performance within each group i.e. the able and unable and I found that the correlation is higher within the unable group. Is there a way for me to show that the difference in r is statistically significant (or not)?

Thanks

Moshe

Moshe Marko, PT, DPT, MHS, OCS, CSCS Assistant Professor Department of Physical Therapy Education College of Health Professions SUNY Upstate Medical University Room 2232 Silverman Hall 750 Adams Street Syracuse, NY 13210-1834 315 464 6577 FAX 315 464 6887 markom@upstate.edu