Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2010, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 20 Feb 2010 18:04:28 -0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         H S <jint83@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      INPUT VS PUT, FORMAT VS INFORMAT
Comments: To: sas-l@uga.edu

Hi, I spent 20 minutes reading SAS documentation but I am still too stupid to comprehend what it says.

The difference between put and input is one acts on format and the other acts on informat.

put (source, format) input(source, informat)

If I understand correctly, format is output attribute and informat is input attribute. So why is it that put can convert num2char and input can convert char2num?