Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2010, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 12 Mar 2010 18:16:34 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Fehd, Ronald J. (CDC/OSELS/NCPHI)" <rjf2@CDC.GOV>
Subject:      Re: 'Relative' %include statements to assign libraries.

warning : OT, Friday Humor contains: RTFM, and Do Your HomeWork, etc.

> From: JD > Sent: Friday, March 12, 2010 6:04 PM > Subject: Re: 'Relative' %include statements to assign libraries.

> Maybe there is a misunderstanding on my part > or I didn't explain that both prod and test > are run from the same PC.

> When I mention the paths 'D:\TESTJOBS\90MINJOBS\' > and 'D:\PRODJOBS\90MINJOBS\', > they are both on the same machine.

> I believe you can only have one autoexec.sas file, correct?

knot!

one autoexec.sas, per folder

> As far as using the environment variable, > wouldn't that be the same issue: > Since they are on the same machine, > something like ..\sas7b would not work.

C:\SAS-projects\ProjA

C:\SAS-projects\ProjA\sas libref points to sibling folder:

C:\SAS-projects\ProjA\sas7b

> Even if they were on two different machines, > everything in the environment variable > appears to only work > if I were to put the jobs on the same partition > as the operating system (e.g. the 'C' drive). > We are not allowed to put anything on the C drive. > In this case it is on either the 'D' or 'E' partition.

You missed the point about the environment variable: like an autoexec, you can have a SASv9.cfg in each project folder which can have a DIFFERENT value of the environment variable that you want to use in that project's programs

> So while I may be working too hard, to make up for it, > I'm making absolutely no progress :)

ok, how about squinting a little bit harder and reading the Batch Processing under Windows page I sent earlier;

do some R&D, and testing.

and a nice weekend, and get back to us Monday

Ron Fehd the configuration maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov

Batch Processing under Windows

TinyUrl: http://tinyurl.com/6zlqoh

http://www.sascommunity.org/wiki/Batch_processing_under_Windows