Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2010, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Wed, 24 Mar 2010 16:19:35 -0700
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Reeza <fkhurshed@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:   Re: getting unique ID observations
Comments:   To: sas-l@uga.edu

On Mar 20, 2:18 pm, sas analysis <sasanaly...@gmail.com> wrote: > This is yet a simple question which I am not knowing how to do in sas: > > I have a longitudinal dataset and I need to get how many unique > observations there are for each variable. > > For example, if i have 5430 subjects and 80,000 observations. how do I > get unique observations for each variable based on the 5430 (how many > of the total 5430 said yes to smoking or no, even though smoking was > measured more than 20 times?) > > any help would be great.

There's also a proc freq, for each subject by answer to smoking. I'd definitely save it to a data set rather than print it out though;

Something like this: ***NOT TESTED****

proc freq data=in noprint; tables subject*smoking/out=test; run;