Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 14:26:20 -0400
Sender: Graduate School <GRAD-SCHOOL@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From: The Graduate School <grad-sch@UGA.EDU>
Subject: Deadlines for Summer 2010 Graduation
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Dear Graduate Students,
This email account does not accept replies; please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions after reading this message. This listserv goes to all graduate students at UGA (we regret that we cannot target a specific population). If you plan to graduate on Saturday, July 31, 2010, it is IMPORTANT THAT YOU READ THIS ENTIRE MESSAGE. This information will not be sent again for this semester.
Please make your family and friends aware that the 2010 summer semester graduation is on Saturday, July 31, 2010, at 9:30 a.m. in Stegeman Coliseum. Students participating in the ceremony must check in by 8:30 a.m. Please check the Graduate School web site after June 1st for more specific information as to assembly times and locations:
FRIDAY, JUNE 11, is the deadline for the following forms for JULY graduation candidates (please note that these deadlines are posted on our web site for three semesters in advance):
1. Candidates for ALL DEGREES must submit the APPLICATION FOR GRADUATION. Submit the form electronically at https://gradschoolforms.webapps.uga.edu/ from any computer.
FORMS in #2, #3, #4 and #5 below must be completed (typed), printed, signed by student (as appropriate) and required faculty members, and submitted by mail or hand delivered to The Graduate School, 320 E. Clayton St., Suite 400, Athens, GA 30602-4401 by the deadline listed. These forms can be accessed at http://www.uga.edu/gradschool/forms&publications/currentstudent_forms.html
2. ALL MASTERS AND EDUCATION SPECIALIST CANDIDATES: PROGRAM OF STUDY forms for all master's and education specialist candidates - due JUNE 11;
3. MASTER OF ARTS AND MASTER OF SCIENCE CANDIDATES WRITING A THESIS: ADVISORY COMMITTEE forms for thesis-writing M.A. and M.S. candidates - due JUNE 11;
4. DOCTORAL CANDIDATES: ADVISORY COMMITTEE and PROGRAM OF STUDY forms must be on file two weeks prior to oral preliminary comprehensive exams for doctoral candidates who plan to graduate on JULY 31;
5. DOCTORAL CANDIDATES: APPLICATIONS FOR ADMISSION TO CANDIDACY for doctoral students who plan to graduate in JULY - due FRIDAY, JUNE 11.
You must be registered for 10 hours for SUMMER semester if you are a doctoral student who was admitted to candidacy after January 22, 2010, and you plan to graduate SUMMER semester. Advisory committee and program of study forms must be on file with the Graduate School prior to admission to candidacy.
6. DOCTORAL CANDIDATES: COMMENCEMENT INFORMATION FOR THE PROGRAM is due no later than FRIDAY, JUNE 18. Submit the form online at https://gradschoolforms.webapps.uga.edu/commencement_applications/new
PLEASE NOTE: This form is NOT an Application for Graduation form. The Application for Graduation must be submitted by JUNE 11.
ALL CANDIDATES: Please check deadlines on the website at http://www.uga.edu/gradschool/academics/deadlines.html for other dates (thesis/dissertation format check and final submission, resolution of incomplete grades, transfer credit) to meet specific degree requirements for graduation this semester.
Please contact email@example.com if you have questions or if you wish to change your graduation date to a future semester.
Congratulations on your impending graduation!
The Graduate School
The University of Georgia
320 E. Clayton Street, Suite 400
Athens, GA 30602-4401
This message was sent by staff in the UGA Graduate School to all active graduate students. This is for official communication only. This listserv does not accept replies. Please contact the person identified in the message if you have questions.