Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2010)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Tue, 18 May 2010 05:29:34 -0600
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Jon K Peck <peck@us.ibm.com>
Subject:   Re: Value Labels
Comments:   To: John F Hall <johnfhall@orange.fr>

VALUE LABELS ALL.

HTH, Jon Peck ----------------- Sent from my BlackBerry Handheld.

----- Original Message ----- From: John F Hall [johnfhall@orange.fr] Sent: 05/18/2010 11:17 AM ZE2 To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: [SPSSX-L] Value Labels

I thought about, but did not try, something like

val lab v1 to vn (lo thru hi) '' .

It works with missing values using (), but not with val lab.

Here's something I just tried on a real data set.

You have to go into variable view, I'm afraid.

Tried deleting whole column, but nothing happened, so highlight the cell with None

ctrl+c to copy cell then drag to all cells in column:

ctrl+v to paste to all cells in column

et voilĂ !

That was fun!

Does this help?

John Hall http://surveyresearch.weebly.com

----- Original Message ----- From: James Algina To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 4:48 AM Subject: Value Labels

Hello All,

Is there away to delete the values labels for all variables without accessing the variable view and deleting the labels one at a time?

Thanks,

Jamie

-- James Algina Professor Research and Evaluation Methodology 119D Norman Hall P.O. Box 117047 University of Florida Gainesville, FL 32611