Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2010, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 4 May 2010 14:42:56 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Kirby, Ted" <ted.kirby@LEWIN.COM>
Subject:      SAS Connect Script File Location

Out of curiosity, how does SAS know where to find the SAS Connect script file for remote submission? I have a colleague who, when he tried to remotely submit a job to our SAS server yesterday, received an error message indicating that the remote submit script file (tcpwin.scr) did not exist in the" C:\WINDOWS\system32" folder.

Since this folder is not accessible to users, we called our IT Department to copy the file from

"C:\Program Files\SAS\SAS 9.1\connect\saslink"

to that folder. After that was done, he was able to remotely submit his job.

However, today, he gets a message that the script file is not in

"C:\Documents and Settings\<his user id>"

being able to get to this folder ourselves, we have now copied tcpwin.scr into that directory as well and he is able to remote submit again.

My question is why did SAS look for that file in different places yesterday and today.

When I had seen a similar problem before, it appeared to me that the location that SAS wanted the remote submission script to be depended on how you got into SAS. That is, if you opened SAS by double clicking on a SAS dataset in Windows Explorer, SAS would want the file in one folder. On the other hand, if you opened SAS by using the "Start" menu (i.e., Start-Programs-SAS-SAS 9.1), then SAS would look for that file in different folder.

However, in this case, my colleague accessed SAS through the "Start" menu both days.

Any ideas?

************* IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ ********************

This e-mail, including attachments, may include confidential and/or proprietary information, and may be used only by the person or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or his or her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and delete this e-mail immediately.