Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2010, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 5 May 2010 11:12:30 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Mike Rhoads <RHOADSM1@WESTAT.COM>
Subject:      OT: Nashville flooding and Opryland Hotel
Comments: cc: "mail2news-20100505-comp.soft-sys.sas@m2n.mixmin.net"
          <mail2news-20100505-comp.soft-sys.sas@m2n.mixmin.net>

Some of you other veteran SAS folks will remember the SUGI conferences held in Nashville at the Opryland Hotel and resort complex in 1990 and 1998 - I attended both. The extent of the recent flooding in the Nashville area was brought home to me when I learned that portions of the hotel were under as much as 10 feet of water. All guests had to be evacuated, and the complex will be closed indefinitely.

There's a longer story in the Tennesseean: http://www.tennessean.com/article/20100504/BUSINESS01/5040350/0/news01

Mike Rhoads RhoadsM1@Westat.com