Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2010, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 5 May 2010 23:54:52 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Paul Dorfman <sashole@BELLSOUTH.NET>
Subject:      Re: simple inifinite process loop
Comments: To: Joe Matise <snoopy369@GMAIL.COM>

Joe,

That is too verbose. A shorter version:

data ; do while (1) ; end ; run ;

Or until(0) can be substituted for while(1). The same thing... For the LOC number, though, nothing can best Toby's-like offering

data ; set sashelp.class point = _n_ ; run ;

except that it will consume quite a bit of I/O resources while "idling".

Kind regards ------------ Paul Dorfman Jax, FL ------------