Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2010, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 6 May 2010 19:26:04 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Mobed, Ketty" <Ketty.Mobed@UCSF.EDU>
Subject:      Re: simple infinite process loop
Comments: To: Chang Chung <chang_y_chung@HOTMAIL.COM>

Thanks Chang, that's a good way to do it.

Ketty

-----Original Message----- From: Chang Chung [mailto:chang_y_chung@HOTMAIL.COM] Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2010 1:56 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU; Mobed, Ketty Subject: Re: simple inifinite process loop

On Mon, 3 May 2010 11:55:33 -0400, Ketty Mobed <ketty.mobed@UCSF.EDU> wrote:

>Hello, >I want to generate a generic SAS program for a sample infinite process loop >to test the timeouts for our new computer environment. Is there a one- or >two-liner program? >Thx, Ketty

Hi, Ketty, I would rather do a data step with a call sleep. Less demands on CPU or I/O. You can make it sleep many days, if you want to. Cheers, Chang

data _null_; call sleep(10, 1); /* 10 seconds of Zzzzz... */ run;