Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2010, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 1 May 2010 06:20:33 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Scott Bass <sas_l_739@YAHOO.COM.AU>
Subject:      ODS Question: create RTF file but suppress results window

Hi,

I'm running the below code under Windows XP, SAS 9.1.3, DMS:

%let summary_report = C:\Temp\RunAsync.rtf; filename summrpt "&summary_report"; %let rc=%sysfunc(fdelete(summrpt)); * delete any previous files ;

ods _all_ close; ods rtf (id=summrpt) file=summrpt;

proc report data=status nowd; column program return_code results; define program / display "Program Name"; define return_code / display "Return Code"; define results / display "Results"; run;

ods _all_ close; ods listing;

* display batch run summary report (Windows only) ; * use either Wordpad (write) or default RTF application (usually MS Word) ; * systask command "write ""%sysfunc(pathname(summrpt))"" " nowait; systask command " ""%sysfunc(pathname(summrpt))"" " nowait;

Whenever it runs, I get a dialog window from SAS to Open/Save/Cancel. This is due to SAS trying to display the output in the Results window using MS Word.

How can I suppress the attempt to display the file in the Results window? I want to explicitly display the file using either Wordpad or MS Word. Also, I may run the code in non-interactive (batch) mode with -nodms.

Thanks, Scott