Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2010, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 3 May 2010 11:43:03 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         SAS Swamy <sasswamy@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Data Set Compare

Hello,

I have to compare 2 data sets which will contain the exact structure , the task would be a comparison for row by row , field by field this way to Analyze the data with the expected Data set with Actual data sets Meaning , compare the 1st data set 1st field with 2nd data set 1st field , then continue with the 1st data set 2nd field with 2nd data set 2nd field … , this way I can put a flag for each row If all fields matches on that particular rows.

I am using SAS 9.2 , will PROC COMPARE would be the best way of doing this ?

Can someone please let me know about PROC COMPARE or any other best method, possible with some example.

Thanks In Advance, - Swamy.