Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2010, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 8 May 2010 11:00:57 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Arthur Tabachneck <art297@NETSCAPE.NET>
Subject:      SAS insufficient memory

The following was posted on Google Lists:

---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: Ha Nguyen <moon...@gmail.com> Date: Apr 18, 2:57 pm Subject: SAS insufficient memory To: comp.soft-sys.sas

Dear SAS users,

I am carrying out a multilevel analysis using proc mixed, SAS 9.2 on window XP pro 64 bit, 4G ram. It's a 4 level model of 4 testing times (level 1) of 3000 students (level 2) living in 1500 neighborhoods (level 3) and studying in 300 school (level 4). My sas code is: Proc mixed data=school method=ml noclprint; class studentid neighbourhood schoolid; model math=time time*time/solution ddfm=bw; random int time/ sub= schoolid type=un; random int time/ sub= neighbourhood (schoolid) type=un; random int time/ sub= studentid (neighbourhood) type=un; run;

I use -memsize 0 option. Before running the analysis, I checked the proc option group= memory and got the infor that memsize=3947950080.

However, when I ran the model, I still got the error message: "Unable to allocate sufficient memory: a request for 1139885k bytes exceeded the 786430k available......."

Could you please advise me any solution to this?

With thanks and best regards, Nguyen Thu Ha KU Leuven