Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2010)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 23 Jun 2010 07:31:19 -0600
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Jon K Peck <peck@us.ibm.com>
Subject:      Re: Tables Font Script
Comments: To: Mona Ararat <mona.ararat@gmail.com>

The answer to this question depends on what version of SPSS Statistics you are using. In version 16 or later, the default behavior should show Arabic text properly unless you have changed your font settings. In older versions, you need to set the font and script explicitly. In Edit>Options>Viewer you can set default fonts for various Viewer items. For pivot tables, your best bet is to edit a table, setting the font and other properties as desired, and save that as a tableLook. Then make that your default tableLook in Edit>Options>Pivot Tables.

Newer versions of Statistics do a better job of displaying right-to-left text than the older ones, but once you have the font and script set properly, pivot tables should be reasonable even in somewhat older versions.

HTH, Jon Peck SPSS, an IBM Company peck@us.ibm.com 312-651-3435

From: Mona Ararat <mona.ararat@gmail.com> To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Date: 06/23/2010 01:12 AM Subject: [SPSSX-L] Tables Font Script Sent by: "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>

Dear All,

I want to know hoe to set tables properties so that the script language for is not western (I wan them in Arabic) for all produced tables. If I want to do it now, I have to edit each table and select all cells to then choose from format the Font Script, so I want to know if there is a way to do it for all tables at once, or a setting to change so that all produced tables appear the way I want ...

I do appreciate a quick reply

Thank you in advance

Have a good day

[text/html]