Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2010)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 7 Jun 2010 07:18:31 +0000
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Ruben van den Berg <ruben_van_den_berg@hotmail.com>
Subject:      Weird behavior hierarchical cluster
Comments: cc: riko.ooijevaar@tns-nipo.com

Dear all,

A colleague approached me with this warning

Warnings

The total number of pivot table cells across split files exceeds 3241472. This limit can be altered by using the SET MXCELLS command. If the working file was being created or modified during the current procedure, any changes were probably lost.

This command is not executed.

which was generated by this syntax on V16

CLUSTER FAC1_5 FAC2_5 FAC3_5 FAC4_5 FAC5_5

/METHOD WARD

/MEASURE=SEUCLID

/PRINT SCHEDULE

/PLOT VICICLE.

I reran the syntax on V15 and it didn't run at all. I then reran it on V17 and it ran fine, in very little without any error/warning. The dataset contains some 1.500 cases and no (system or user) missing values. Even though this warning was generated, the results looked just normal. But it did frighten us of course.

I think SPSS no longer supports V15 and V16 but since some colleagues still use these versions, I wondered if anyone could shed any light on our findings.

TIA,

Ruben van den Berg Consultant Models & Methods TNS NIPO Email: ruben.van.den.berg@tns-nipo.com Mobiel: +31 6 24641435 Telefoon: +31 20 522 5738 Internet: www.tns-nipo.com

_________________________________________________________________ New Windows 7: Find the right PC for you. Learn more. http://windows.microsoft.com/shop

[text/html]