Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2010, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 16 Jul 2010 08:54:38 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Michael Raithel <michaelraithel@WESTAT.COM>
Subject:      Re: OT: Which Came First the DATA Step or the PROC?

Dear SAS-L-ers,

Toby Dunn posted the following on this silly Friday OT thread:

> Mikeeeeeeee........ > > I for one would eat the chicken as most cook can't cook a proper omelet > to save their lives. >

Toby, got that. But, an even better suggestion came from the ever clever; ever sly Nat Wooding, offline, who posited:

"Easy choice: put the omelet between two slices of bread."

So that this thread has at least some SAS value: I will be "sandwiched" between two GREAT SAS conferences this November:

WUSS 2010: http://www.wuss.org/currentconference.html

...and

SCSUG 2010: http://www.scsug.org/

... and hope to catch up with as many SAS-L-ers as possible at each venue. Check out both of these conferences; they are going to offer great opportunities for learning the latest SAS programming techniques, tips, and tricks!

Best of luck in all your SAS endeavors!

Of course, all of these opinions and insights are my own, and do not reflect those of my organization or my associates. All SAS code and/or methodologies specified in this posting are for illustrative purposes only and no warranty is stated or implied as to their accuracy or applicability. People deciding to use information in this posting do so at their own risk.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Michael A. Raithel "The man who wrote the book on performance" E-mail: MichaelRaithel@westat.com