Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2010, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 2 Aug 2010 09:43:23 +0200
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Andre Wielki <wielki@INED.FR>
Subject:      Re: Is 9.2 THAT much faster than 9.1.3
Comments: To: Ken Barz <zrab123@COMCAST.NET>

??? What did you mean, Ken, with rocks? What i have observed is that at start in matter of ods graphics it is very slow i suppose to bring in memory a jave process but i am not sure about. Then of course after, you obtain quick results.

Andre

Le 02/08/2010 02:59, Ken Barz a écrit : > And SAS/Graph 9.2 ROCKS! > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Gregg Snell" <sas@DATASAVANTCONSULTING.COM> > To: <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> > Sent: Sunday, August 01, 2010 6:39 PM > Subject: Re: Is 9.2 THAT much faster than 9.1.3 > > >> Art, >> >> Even the non-server computers now have multi-core cpu that take advantage >> of >> the multi-threading built-in to many SAS procedures. >> >> Interestingly, though, is that WPS, at least with sorting, is actually >> faster than SAS 9.2! It certainly is much less expensive than SAS on >> server >> platforms (10x less first year, 5x less subsequent years). >> >> Regards, >> Gregg >> >> -----Original Message----- >> From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of >> Arthur >> Tabachneck >> Sent: Sunday, August 01, 2010 7:07 PM >> To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU >> Subject: Is 9.2 THAT much faster than 9.1.3 >> >> I've been meaning to ask this question for some time now thus, given that >> no one is posting today, thought this would be an excellent time to >> address the matter. >> >> For a number of years I always had to preface my comparison posts with the >> fact that I was running 9.1.3 on a 4-processor server. >> >> However, over the last couple of years, people running 9.2 in non-server >> environments, have been reporting much quicker processing times than I can >> achieve. >> >> Is 9.2 THAT much faster than 9.1.3 or am I missing something? Conversely, >> if the faster processing is due to dual processors, are dual processors >> covered by the standard work station license? >> >> I'm asking as we'll be upgrading to 9.2, soon, and I've got to decide >> whether to stick with a server environment or get a 15-non-server-user >> license and, possibly, upgrade our computers. >> >> As always, any feedback would be appriciated! >> >> Art >

-- André WIELKI INED (Institut National d'Etudes Démographiques) Service Informatique 133 Boulevard Davout 75980 Paris Cedex 20 mél : wielki@ined.fr tél : 33 (0) 1 56 06 21 54