Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2010, week 5)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 29 Aug 2010 14:20:27 -0000
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
Comments:     DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys
From:         EST <est2010@REDIFFMAIL.COM>
Subject:      =?utf-8?B?U0VNICYgR01N?=

Hello,

Please somebody help me finding answers for the following questions:

I am using Simultaneous Equations Model (2 equations) and trying to estimate using Generalized Method of Moments (GMM) (I will use 2-step GMM or may be iterated GMM). In one equation, I have a binary endogenous regressor and continuous dependent variable. In my other equation, I have a continuous endogenous regressor and a binary dependent variable. For example,

Eq1) Y=a0+a1*X+e1; where Y is continuous and X is binary.

Eq2) X=b0+b1*Y+e2; where X is binary and Y is continuous.

All my instruments for X & Y are dummy variables.

Can I use GMM estimation method in estimating the above 2 equations?

Do you think, Dummy instruments with binary regressor will work?

Please, please help me.

Thank you in advance.