Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2010)Back to main CICS-L pageJoin or leave CICS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 24 Sep 2010 10:49:03 -0400
Sender:       CICS List <CICS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Mike Hunley <mhunley@SALLIEMAE.COM>
Subject:      Re: Experience with TMON?

I've been using TMON for MVS and Z/os for over 15 years. I've also used Omegamon and Mainview.

I think TMON is fantastic. The report writer tool(which no other vendor offers) has allowed me to solve hundreds of production issues by running quick reports. The Real-time displays and on-line history is Awesome! Lots of detail.

My team has the Performance Graphs active on our desk-tops to monitor production CICS Regions. These will provide audible alerts when key threasholds are hit on every 15 second sample. Very pro-active.

Hope this helps...Mike