Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2010)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 14 Sep 2010 12:31:22 -0700
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Bruce Weaver <bruce.weaver@hotmail.com>
Subject:      Re: Chow test to compare regression on two groups

Jose Rocha wrote: > > Thanks for your reply! > I have done this syntax: > > UNIANOVA depression BY sex WITH coping1 coping2 coping3 coping4 coping5 > coping6 > /METHOD=SSTYPE(3) > /INTERCEPT=INCLUDE > /CRITERIA=ALPHA(0.05) > /DESIGN= coping1 coping2 coping3 coping4 coping5 coping6 sex*coping1 > sex*coping2 sex*coping3 sex*coping4 sex*coping5 sex*coping6 > > > The results showed that coping6 is significative. So can I state that > coping6 is different between males/females predicting depression? > > José > >

I don't see the main effect of sex on your /DESIGN line. You need it too. I.e.,

/DESIGN= sex coping1 coping2 coping3 coping4 coping5 coping6 sex*coping1 sex*coping2 sex*coping3 sex*coping4 sex*coping5 sex*coping6

I would also add a "/PRINT parameter" sub-command to get the table of regression coefficients.

----- -- Bruce Weaver bweaver@lakeheadu.ca http://sites.google.com/a/lakeheadu.ca/bweaver/

"When all else fails, RTFM."

NOTE: My Hotmail account is not monitored regularly. To send me an e-mail, please use the address shown above.