Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2010)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 8 Sep 2010 10:41:56 +0200
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         John F Hall <johnfhall@orange.fr>
Subject:      Re: suppress cumulative percent in freq table
Comments: To: Jon K Peck <peck@us.ibm.com>

Yes, but I'm still updating my tutorials from 1992 and that means learning even more complex syntax. Absolute beginners won't go for it, but they might once they're reasonably fluent in the basic stuff. I still think

freq <varlist> /cel <content list> .

would be more intuitive and easier to understand. ----- Original Message ----- From: Jon K Peck To: John F Hall Cc: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2010 3:35 AM Subject: Re: [SPSSX-L] suppress cumulative percent in freq table

Jon Peck SPSS, an IBM Company peck@us.ibm.com 312-651-3435

From: John F Hall <johnfhall@orange.fr> To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Date: 09/07/2010 06:41 PM Subject: Re: [SPSSX-L] suppress cumulative percent in freq table Sent by: "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>

Jan

No.

You have to open a pivot table by double-clicking the output and then delete the column, or copy it to Word and then delete it. Sometimes you have to drag the right hand edge away as well to get the variables on a single line. It's pain in the backside as someone just said about OLAP cubes, whatever they are. I've frequently asked for the FREQUENCIES command to be enhanced by adding keywords for count, percent, valid and cumul, la CROSSTABS eg:

freq <varlist> /cel cou val .

. . . but no-one's listening, or else they send complex macro or Python solutions. >>>What's so hard about this? CTABLES /TABLE x [COUNT COLPCT] /CATEGORIES VARIABLES=x TOTAL=YES.

or this? FREQ x. SPSSINC MODIFY TABLES subtype="Frequencies" SELECT=-1 -2 HIDE=TRUE.

Regards, Jon Peck

freq x

John Hall johnfhall@orange.fr http://surveyresearch.weebly.com

----- Original Message ----- From: J McClure To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Sent: Tuesday, September 07, 2010 11:02 PM Subject: suppress cumulative percent in freq table