Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2010, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 10 Sep 2010 13:20:16 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Terjeson, Mark" <Mterjeson@RUSSELL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Tab character
Comments: To: Joe Matise <snoopy369@gmail.com>

See Joe, here's my afternoon brain slip: (square brackets below are missing from original brain download)

You mention PDF as the destination, but I don't think [you mention] what engine you are using to get there(to the PDF)?

Mark :o)

-----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Terjeson, Mark Sent: Friday, September 10, 2010 1:14 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: Tab character

Hi Masoud,

Just like your test below,

data test;a=1; run; title "Hello" "09"x "World."; proc print data=test; run;

does work fine outputting a TAB in the appropriate place.

You mention PDF as the destination, but I don't think what engine you are using to get there(to the PDF)?

For example, if going to PDF via RTF you would need \tab right tab or \tab left tab or \tab 1" tab etc.

Some other engines use octal \009 or hex \09 or \t or &#9 in html.

I also recall using the escapecharacter and embedding formatting and special characters into the TITLE string for special outputs, but I think we need to know what engine is being used in between the TITLE statement and the PDF.

Mark

-----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Masoud Pajoh Sent: Friday, September 10, 2010 12:53 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: Tab character

Using BYTE(09), as expected, does not shoe as tab in the PDF output.

Thanks,

Masoud

Joe Matise <snoopy369@GMAIL.COM> Sent by: "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> 09/10/2010 02:16 PM Please respond to Joe Matise <snoopy369@GMAIL.COM>

To SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU cc

Subject Re: Tab character

"09"x is a hex number token (actually, 9)- not a character. Try BYTE('09'x) perhaps? Not sure about how that would interface with ODS PDF though.

-Joe