Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2010, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 27 Sep 2010 06:56:11 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Data _null_;" <iebupdte@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Easier way to produce tables
Comments: To: SUBSCRIBE SAS-L Olivier Van Parys <olivier.vanparys@gmail.com>

Maybe you can just transpose.

data test; array pred[10]; do id = 1 to 10; do i = 1 to dim(pred); pred[i] = rantbl(1234,.5)-1; end; y = rannor(0) * 5 + 10; output; end; run; proc transpose name=table out=test2(rename=col1=pred); by id y; var pred:; run; proc sort data=test2 SORTSEQ=LINGUISTIC(NUMERIC_COLLATION=ON); by table; run; proc summary data=test2; by table; class pred; var y; output out=tables; run; proc print; run;

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 4:48 AM, SUBSCRIBE SAS-L Olivier Van Parys <olivier.vanparys@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi Folks, > > I am trying to change a bad habit I have have acquired, when checking > predictor in a model with Y as the variable to predict and Pred1... PredN > representing N binomial predictors - I usually run the following: > proc summary data=DB; > class Pred1; > var Y; > output out=table_pred1; > ... > proc summary data=DB; > class PredN; > var Y; > output out=table_predN; > > That give me N table which I then collate back together using excel. This > obviously ends up being a rather time consuming & tedious process. I was > wondering what would be a better /more efficient syntax to produce the final > table (i.e. A single table with Predictors on each row showing the average Y > when Pred=1 or Pred=0). > > Thanks again for your tips, > > Olivier >