Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2010, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 22 Sep 2010 19:51:59 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Arthur Tabachneck <art297@NETSCAPE.NET>
Subject:      Re: Server SAS vs PC SAS, Pros and Cons
Comments: To: dynamicpanel@YAHOO.COM

Liang,

But are you comparing apples with apples? Is the workstation a multi-core workstation?

Besides the higher cost for the server license what got me to consider going to multiple-core workstations was that so many on SAS-L were reporting faster processing than I was achieving .. and they were all doing it on workstations.