Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2010)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Thu, 7 Oct 2010 10:08:37 -0700
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   "Pirritano, Matthew" <MPirritano@ochca.com>
Subject:   Re: reading principal component analysis output

Tabachnick & Fidell is a great resource.

http://www.ablongman.com/tabachnick/stats/index.html

Matthew Pirritano, Ph.D.

Research Analyst IV

Medical Services Initiative (MSI)

Orange County Health Care Agency

(714) 568-5648

From: SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Deepa Lakshmi Shanadi Sent: Wednesday, October 06, 2010 5:10 PM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: reading principal component analysis output

Hello all,

Anyone have any recommendations on any resources that show on how to read output from factor analysis from SPSS?

I looked at the tutorial on SPSS and it has helped me some.

My online research only guided me to more on theory of PCA, than reading outputs and actually making sure I clicked on the righ dialog boxes in SPSS.

My syntax so far from the tutorial is below:

FACTOR /VARIABLES Eincomegroup Ewealthgroup_revised Eassetsgroup /MISSING LISTWISE /ANALYSIS Eincomegroup Ewealthgroup_revised Eassetsgroup /SELECT=schoolfeeding(1) /PRINT UNIVARIATE INITIAL CORRELATION SIG EXTRACTION ROTATION FSCORE /PLOT EIGEN /CRITERIA MINEIGEN(1) ITERATE(25) /EXTRACTION PC /CRITERIA ITERATE(25) /ROTATION VARIMAX /SAVE REG(ALL) /METHOD=CORRELATION.

Thanks again, Deepa

[text/html]