Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2010)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 22 Oct 2010 17:18:05 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Art Kendall <Art@DrKendall.org>
Subject:      Re: How To Access the Sample Files in PASW Missing    Values
              User's              Guide
Comments: To: Bruce Weaver <bruce.weaver@hotmail.com>
Comments: cc: suggest@us.ibm.com

Great idea. Especially for those of us who cobble together solutions to problems that arise on the discussion lists.

Although it is too bad that the distinction that is often made in statistical circles between examples and samples is not preserved. I am sure that these data files were NOT selected by a random process as representative of some population of data sets.

Art

On 10/22/2010 4:49 PM, Bruce Weaver wrote: > I suspect other users have had the same difficulty in finding the sample > files. How big a deal would it be to add a shortcut to the ..\Samples > folder in the "Open Data" dialog in version 20 and following? It could be > another icon next to the Details and List icons that appear there now. > > > > > Tesiny, Ed wrote: >> C:\program Files\SPSSInc\PASWStatistics18\Samples >> >> Ed Tesiny >> EdTesiny@oasas.state.ny.us >> -----Original Message----- >> From: SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of >> George Kyakulaga >> Sent: Friday, October 22, 2010 3:59 PM >> To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU >> Subject: How To Access the Sample Files in PASW Missing Values User's >> Guide >> >> Does anyone out there know how to access the sample files included in >> the >> PASW Missing Values 18 User's Guide? The following instructions are >> given >> on how to access them are given by the User's Guide, but I do not know >> where to find the "installation directory" on my computer. >> >> "The sample files installed with the product can be found in the Samples >> subdirectory of the >> installation directory." >> >> Can anyone can give a step by step description of how to access these >> files, or how to get the subdirectory and directory referred to in the >> User's Guide? >> >> Thank you in advance! >> >> George >> >> ===================== >> To manage your subscription to SPSSX-L, send a message to >> LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU (not to SPSSX-L), with no body text except the >> command. To leave the list, send the command >> SIGNOFF SPSSX-L >> For a list of commands to manage subscriptions, send the command >> INFO REFCARD >> >> ===================== >> To manage your subscription to SPSSX-L, send a message to >> LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU (not to SPSSX-L), with no body text except the >> command. To leave the list, send the command >> SIGNOFF SPSSX-L >> For a list of commands to manage subscriptions, send the command >> INFO REFCARD >> >> > > ----- > -- > Bruce Weaver > bweaver@lakeheadu.ca > http://sites.google.com/a/lakeheadu.ca/bweaver/ > > "When all else fails, RTFM." > > NOTE: My Hotmail account is not monitored regularly. > To send me an e-mail, please use the address shown above. > > -- > View this message in context: http://spssx-discussion.1045642.n5.nabble.com/How-To-Access-the-Sample-Files-in-PASW-Missing-Values-User-s-Guide-tp3232872p3232932.html > Sent from the SPSSX Discussion mailing list archive at Nabble.com. > > ===================== > To manage your subscription to SPSSX-L, send a message to > LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU (not to SPSSX-L), with no body text except the > command. To leave the list, send the command > SIGNOFF SPSSX-L > For a list of commands to manage subscriptions, send the command > INFO REFCARD >