Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2010, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 21 Oct 2010 11:31:45 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Sudo Ku <crafty876@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Max number of Libraries?

Hello:

I am importing a number of excel files using the libname statement and get the following error on the 66th library I try to create...

ERROR: Connect: Unspecified error ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.

The syntax for importing is good so I am assuming there is a limit of 65 excel files that can be opening in any given session.

Any ideas for a work around and I am specifically looking for something that will allow me to close some libraries (read excel files) and then open others. When I importing and aggregating the infomation I need I wont need to create so many libnames. At present I am just (manually) exploring what I have in these excel files. I had thought the libname statement would have been a good way to open lot of excel files and gather metadata on the sheet names number of row/columns etc...

Thanks for the help,

Kevin