Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2010, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 18 Oct 2010 15:38:01 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Michael Raithel <michaelraithel@WESTAT.COM>
Subject:      Re: How to create a jackknife macro

Dear SAS-L-ers,

Peter posted the following:

> I am pretty sure that the by-now classic paper Don't Be Loopy by David > Cassell will show you how to do this. > > The 'L isn't quite the same without the Casse 'L > Peter, Wow; by some cosmic coincidence, I was just leafing through that very paper not ten minutes before your posting, and put it back down on the top of the paper pile on my office table. Great paper, even if most of it is over my head! (I was thinking of recommending it to a bunch of SAS Mecca statisticians, which is why I happened to be perusing it).

For those who want to grab a copy, you can find it here:

Don't Be Loopy: Re-Sampling and Simulation the SAS(r) Way, David L. Cassell, Design Pathways

http://www2.sas.com/proceedings/forum2007/183-2007.pdf

I also understand that David was recently a speaker at Colorado Day 2010 for the prestigious Denver SAS Users Group:

http://www.denversug.org/CODay.htm

There are starting to be more Cassell sightings than Elvis sightings:-)

Peter, best of luck in all your SAS endeavors!

Of course, all of these opinions and insights are my own, and do not reflect those of my organization or my associates. All SAS code and/or methodologies specified in this posting are for illustrative purposes only and no warranty is stated or implied as to their accuracy or applicability. People deciding to use information in this posting do so at their own risk.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Michael A. Raithel "The man who wrote the book on performance" E-mail: MichaelRaithel@westat.com