Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2010, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 26 Nov 2010 11:20:41 -0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Jack F. Hamilton" <jfh@STANFORDALUMNI.ORG>
Subject:      Re: $varying9. and strange input statement
Comments: To: bbser2009 <bbser2009@GMAIL.COM>
Comments: cc: art297@ROGERS.COM

1) No, the value of X is not being used as the informat's D value. It's being used as the informat's W value.

2) The statement is doing what it is designed to do and documented as doing. If you don't know what the $VARYING informat does, then no, you won't understand the results, but if you don't know what the $VARYING informat does, then you shouldn't use it.

Do you have a suggestion for a less "sloppy" way to do the same thing?