Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2010)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 19 Dec 2010 03:53:05 -0800
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         tony_wh <tony_wh@excite.com>
Subject:      Another SPSSengine stopped problem

Morning all and seasons greetings.

I am relatively new to SPSS but have been using it quite happily until now on an old Sony VAIO TX2HP with 1.5Gb Ram and Centrino Processor - it's enough for what I need. I'm running ver 18.0.3 SPSS with Windows7 32-bit.

Today, I tried to run Generalized Estimating Equations on a 32 variable, 18000 case dataset. I had just one subject variable, 3 factors and 2 co-variates. Unfortunately, after about a minute, windows returns the error "spssengine stopped". I've tried simplifying the model but the same thing keeps happening. I've looked at the Task Manager - the engine uses a lot of processor (95%) and 900mB memory but this is now different from any of the other analyses that I've done.

I can't find any other threads that have come across the same problem.

I don't know if it's anything to do with this but GEE's had been working fine but I recently upgraded to 18.0.3 from 18.0.0.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks