Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2010, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Mon, 6 Dec 2010 13:51:12 -0600
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Joe Matise <snoopy369@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:   Re: how to add labels from another file?
Comments:   To: Steven Chang <zzhang@hsph.harvard.edu>

Steven, You can create code from the second file to execute in PROC DATASETS a number of ways - write it to a temp file, use CALL EXECUTE, etc.

For example (not tested):

filename a temp; data _null_; set labelfile; file a; string=catx(' ','label',varname,'=',label,';'); put string; run;

proc datasets lib=work; modify datasettomodify; %include a; quit;

or

data _null_; set labelfile end=eof; string=catx(' ','label',varname,'=',label,';'); if _n_ = 1 then do; call execute("proc datasets lib=work; modify datasettomodify;"); end; call execute(string); if eof then do; call execute("quit;"); end; run;

Possible proc datasets syntax errors aside, that should accomplish what you're trying to accomplish.