Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2010, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 15 Dec 2010 13:12:00 -0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Jack F. Hamilton" <jfh@STANFORDALUMNI.ORG>
Subject:      Re: SAS Global Forum Submission Status 100 e-mails notifications
Comments: To: toby dunn <tobydunn@HOTMAIL.COM>

I completely agree. And not only is there not a section for papers for beginners, there's no section for general papers for intermediate or advanced programmers. Coders Corner is the only option, and it's too short for many topics.

My paper (on reading Twitter messages with SAS) was rejected because there were three other submissions on the same topic. I don't have a problem with that. I'll probably learn something from the two papers that were accepted, and I won't have to spend a week preparing the presentation.

I'll miss the presenters party, but since they stopped serving real food a few years ago, that's not a big loss. I also won't get the made-in-China souvenir. Maybe I'll volunteer to be a poster judge (much more work than presenting a paper) or session coordinator.

For me, though, the reason to go to SASGlof is not to present a paper, or to attend presentations, but to talk to the developers and other users, and to see some of the new/improver product demonstrations.

Maybe I'll try to do the paper at a regional this fall if time constraints permit it. PNWSUG is a very nice little conference, as is SESUG, and WUSS wouldn't involve much travel.