Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2011)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 16 Jan 2011 13:48:25 -0700
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Jon K Peck <peck@us.ibm.com>
Subject:      Re: Found Merge Help file, used only for CTABLES?
Comments: To: J McClure <mc006@pacbell.net>

There is no MERGE TABLES help file. Running SPSSINC MERGE TABLES /HELP. should display the help in the output window. You will also get help on the subcommand and keyword names in the syntax editor, as with any command, by pressing ctrl+spacebar with the cursor anywhere in the command.

As for merging crosstab tables, this is certainly possible in general. Exactly how to do that will depend on the details of what you want to merge. I can help if you provide more information.

Regards,

Jon Peck Senior Software Engineer, IBM peck@us.ibm.com 312-651-3435

From: J McClure <mc006@pacbell.net> To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Date: 01/16/2011 12:19 PM Subject: [SPSSX-L] Found Merge Help file, used only for CTABLES? Sent by: "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>

Hi, I found what I think is the merge help file (MergeTablesExamp.sps) in the directory where I save all of my SPSS files. However, the examples are all for ctables and I want to merge crosstabs tables. Is this possible? Thanks, Jan