Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2011, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 7 Jan 2011 14:13:59 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Arthur Tabachneck <art297@ROGERS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Calculating Readmissions
Comments: To: Shelley Perritt <hims.sperritt@SYMPATICO.CA>

Shelley,

Since your macro variables aren't data dependent, as I recall, move them to the start of your code. They don't have to be in a datastep.

Then, after running your code, look at the files created and see if the data at least looks like you would expect.

Do some frequency distributions on some of them, especially the site and other variables that for which you've already indicated observing discrepancies.

The extra dates in the array shouldn't be too much of a bother but, without sample data, don't really know.